1. To provide continuing education for community banks that utilize the Jack Henry and Associates, Inc., financial software applications.
2. To do any and all other things necessary to promote the understanding of the Jack Henry and Associates, Inc., financial software through meetings, periodic workshops, and conferences.
3. To do any and all things allowed by the laws of the State of Alabama and any laws of other stateswhich are allowed to non-profit corporations.
1. Membership is available to any financial institution or bank holding company that utilizes any or all of the Jack Henry and Associates, Inc., financial software applications.
2. Multi-bank holding companies may join as one member under the holding company name or may enlist by paying the appropriate dues, any or all banks within the holding company as individual members.
1. Each member will pay the annual dues as set by the Board of Directors and will be payable by May 1st of the calendar year.
2. New or prospective institutions or holding companies desiring membership during the fiscal year will pay a pro rata share of the dues determined by the number of regularly scheduled meetings remaining in the year.
3. Membership dues may be expended for the following purposes: A. Pay expenses for any speakers, consultants, or guests that may attend various meetings organized for the purpose of the JHA/GSUG. B. Pay for the expense of meeting sites that may be incurred for the various meetings organized by the JHA/GSUG. C. Pay for the meeting luncheon for two individuals representing each member at the quarterly meeting organized by the JHA/GSUG. D. Pay any and all expenses incurred by Directors and/or Officers of the JHA/GSUG while discharging the duties of their offices.
1. The Officers of JHA/GSUG will be the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. At the Board’s discretion, the offices of Treasurer and Secretary may be filled by a single Officer.
2. The Officers shall serve a term of office of two years. Notwithstanding, the Board may choose to allow the Officer(s) holding the offices of Treasurer and/or Secretary to serve multiple consecutive terms.
3. The duties of each Officer shall be as follows:
President: The President shall preside at all meetings of the membership, Officers, or Board of Directors. It is the duty and responsibility of the President to oversee the general functioning of the JHA/GSUG to assure the purposes of the organization are fulfilled and that the other officers perform their duties. The President will represent the JHA/GSUG at the Jack Henry & Associates, Inc., National Users Group meetings.
Vice President: The Vice President shall be the Chairman of the Conference Committee and shall be responsible for the organization and performance of the quarterly meetings. He/She will also preside over the meetings of the membership, Officers, or Board of Directors in the absence of the President. The Vice President will represent the JHA/GSUG at the Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. National Users Group meetings. The Vice President shall succeed the President in that position after two years in office.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for the handling of the funds of the JHA/GSUG. The Treasurer shall see that all members pay annual membership dues and keep the records thereof. He/She shall maintain the financial records of the JHA/GSUG and report quarterly to the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall pay all appropriate expenses incurred by the JHA/GSUG, its Officers or Directors. The Treasurer shall succeed the Vice President in that position after two years of service if he/she so chooses.
Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the minutes of all meetings of the membership, the Officers, and the Board of Directors. He/She shall be responsible for the approval of the minutes by the membership and the distribution of the minutes to the membership. He/She shall be appointed by the Board of Directors at the annual year-end meeting and shall succeed the Treasurer in that position after two years of service if he/she so chooses.
4. All Officers and Directors of the JHA/GSUG will serve without compensation, except for the reimbursement of expenses incurred in the discharge of their duties.
5. In the event an office becomes vacant during the term of office, the Board of Directors will meet and appoint an individual from the membership to fill the term and assume the duties of the office.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors shall be made up of ten (10) in number. It shall be comprised of the elected Officers and up to six (6) individuals elected from the membership of the JHA/GSUG. These Board members shall be elected at the year-end meeting of the membership. The Board of Directors shall convene upon call or at any of the regularly scheduled meetings of the membership to discuss whatever business they deem appropriate. A quorum of four (4) Board members must be in attendance at any meeting to conduct official business. In the event of a Board vacancy occurring during the year, the Board of Directors may appoint an individual from the membership to the unexpired term.
ADMINISTRATION OF FUNDS
The moneys of the JHA/GSUG shall be deposited in such depository or depositories as may be designated by the Treasurer. Such deposits shall be made in the name of the JHA/GSUG. Moneys shall be withdrawn therefrom only by such officers as the Board of Directors may designate. The fiscal year shall be the calendar year.
There shall be two standing committees organized to facilitate the fulfillment of the purposes of the JHA/GSUG.
A. THE CONFERENCE COMMITTEE:The conference committee shall be comprised of the Officers of the JHA/GSUG and the other elected members of the Board of Directors.
B. THE NOMINATION COMMITTEE: The Nomination Committee shall be elected officers of the JHA/GSUG. The committee's duties shall be to nominate candidates from the membership of the the JHA/GSUG for the Board of Directors and the office of Secretary.
AMENDMENTS TO THE BYLAWS
The Bylaws of the JHA/GSUG may be amended by the majority vote of the membership in attendance at any scheduled meeting of the membership.